How to write an essay in history.
An essay in history is a short analytical report or explanatory, interpretive study of a historical topic or issue.
The most common types of essays are:
1) the free essay - the author freely, according essaypay.com to a plan of his or her own devising, presents his or her opinion on a historical topic or issue the argumentative essay. Point out the inconsistency of the claim with the requirements of logic, with certain regularities.
To write an essay you need:
- broad and deep knowledge,
- the ability to analyse and select the necessary facts and arguments,
- the ability to plan and organise material logically,
- the ability to make reasoned judgements and draw conclusions
Writing the argumentative essay
An argumentative essay is usually written when you need to confirm or deny a claim. The essay may:
- reasonably agree
- reasonably disagree
- develop the problem in a way
Defend your chosen position with 3 arguments:
Argument 1 is the weakest,
2. the argument is strong,
3. the argument is the strongest.
Finally, a conclusion should be drawn by summarising the thoughts of all the arguments.
- support the statement with your own opinions, experience, facts, scientific opinions
- refute possible counter-arguments
- challenge the credibility of the claim with counter-arguments
- may accept the claim but must point out its limitations
- analyse the claim by relating it to scientific knowledge, facts
Developing the problem further:
- identify additional aspects that need to be addressed
Structure of the essay
Introduction... Formulate the main questions or problems, outline the main hypothesis, argue the scope and sequence. A weak introduction from......